Monday, October 12, 2009

One Day Late & Sundays

Okay, so I'm one day late in my blog post. I promise for good reason. I spent yesterday relaxing, working a little and spending quality time with my husband. Our Sundays recently have become obsolete for anything other than church, grocery shopping and Bradley classes.

There's something about Sundays and especially Sunday evenings. I really want Sundays to be a day of rest and relaxation and time for relationships. Last Sunday, I was experienced a lot of stress. I realized we had nine weeks, had many things to do, and I am tired and pain during the week. How was I going to do everything? Not to mention that we are dealing with our Property Management company and might need to move before the baby comes.

This Sunday was completely different. I needed to work some to finish preparation for Oregon PHS Open Enrollment. With that, I wanted to let something go. We skipped the Bradley class and had done our grocery shopping on Friday. With that we went to church and our Sunday class and enjoyed what we experienced. We came home and made lunch and ate together. I took a nap and John joined me (he can't resist sleeping Melissa or kitties). I finished my work quickly while John finished up scanning photos for his grandma's 80th birthday celebration. After all that, we went for a walk, went to Quiznos for dinner and finished the evening watching a movie. I know this may not seem like an exciting or good day but I thoroughly enjoyed it. John did, too. I think that I will work to finish tasks during the weeks and leave Sundays for just that church and rest. We'll continue our Bradley courses but will be done with those in a few weeks.

Anyway, my massive to-do list is looking better. Partly because I actually wrote it all down instead of trying to juggle it in my head and partly because John has been great and helped take some small things. Have I mentioned that I have suffered from Pregnancy Brain a lot this pregnancy? Maybe you've never heard of it, but it does exist and causes women to become forgetful, misplace items...essentially becomes scatter brained. Need an example? Last week, I was packing up for our trip to Portland. John had pulled out two packages of Sudafed PE and had left them out. I picked them up to put them away and then went to get his socks from our closet. Later, John found the two packages in his sock area. Need I say more?

John Employment Update: John has an interview this Wednesday. Please pray that this opportunity will turn out to what God has in store for John and that his interview goes well.

Okay, I know that I promised a baby ultrasound update this week. I did have an ultrasound last week. We saw hair and the baby breathing. It was pretty cool. The baby is doing well and is currently sitting in a Frank breech presentation. Translation: Baby is enjoying sitting sideways in Mommy. The baby's sitting in a v shape in me. I still don't look very pregnant and this is because baby is sitting sideways. :) We did get some good profile pictures. I'm uploading the one I like the most. I'm going to sign off for this week. Enjoy...

No comments: