Sunday, October 25, 2009

Moving...

Well, I didn't write a blog entry last week and my posts in the next couple of weeks may be spotty, too. Last weekend, John helped my friend, Rebecca move some of her stuff into her new apartment. I didn't really help but did keep them company while I tried to write a blog entry for the Women's Blog. By the time, we were both done, we were 3o minutes late for our Bradley course.

Anyway, the next couple of weeks, John and I will be packing and moving units. This is sort of last minute but much anticipated. We love our apartment but have three smokers in three different apartments beneath us who take turn smoking from 6:30 a.m. to about 11:00 p.m. every day. There is not real break from the smoke that comes in through our bedroom, dining room and living room windows. In the winter, the smoke comes in through our bathroom vents and makes our mater bedroom smell like a smoking hotel room. It became a real big issue when I realized that our child will be sleeping in our room for the first few months and the room's windows have to be opened once a day to cool the room down (we have two computers and one server that heats the room). We've been trying to work with property management company for some time on this. They finally agree to one of our proposals. As a result, we are moving to a ground floor, three bedroom apartment in two weeks.

I am thrilled be moving. We are moving to a three bedroom apartment because it is just a huge answer to prayers. First and foremost, we finally get away from the smoke. Secondly, we get to have a dedicated nursery for the baby. And lastly, we get to have our office back and continue to use it as a guest room when people visit us...which is going to be more frequent now that Baby is on his/her way.

So we have a busy next two weeks ahead of us. We will have everything packed up by Wednesday, November 4. Next, we are running to Portland/Eugene for my last work trip before Baby is born and for John's grandma's 80th birthday celebration. We'll be back on Sunday afternoon in time for our Bradley class. The following day, John will be working with local movers to move us into our new apartment. The next couple of weeks will be busy but a lot of fun.

Anyway, other than moving, other things have been occurring in our lives. First, John had another interview this last week. It was an initial phone interview but it ended with John being of 1 of 2 people who will be brought in for an in-person interview. This job sounds wonderful and like it would be a great fit for John's skill. John also found that the place that he interviewed with a few years ago posted a position that he is extremely qualified for. It also works for one of the individuals that he interviewed with. When John interviewed, he interviewed with no one he'd be working for. It was slightly strange but did leave John feeling like this was a great people to work with and a good hospital to work for. This new position's hiring manger was impressed by John. I would be extremely be surprised if he doesn't get called for an interview. :) Either way, we are very thankful that there are these positions opening and that employers are starting to take notice of John.

As far as the baby, I think I shared that the baby was in a breech position last time we looked (and I felt). In the last week, I am sure that Baby has moved into the head down position. I am also sure that this baby is growing. When I wake up in the morning, the baby is one side or the other (depends on the side I sleep on). My stomach looks extremely asymmetrical. :) I haven't felt the head recently but in the morning I can feel/see the torso and it extends from just below my ribcage until it disappears below my belly button. It's been fun.

A few nights ago, after laying down for a bit, I rolled over and notice the baby again. I told John to come say something to Baby. He started talking over the baby's head area and a second later, a foot kicked out by my ribcage. John missed it, so I had him to it again. When he did, the baby's foot kicked out in the same place again. It was hilarious. The baby has been very active. In fact, earlier this week, the baby had hiccups twice in one day. It is a very strange feeling. I'll have to describe it like an involuntary frequent body tick. They say that baby hiccups come from babies who are practicing breathing. It was fun to picture the baby breathing.

Well, I should be signing off. I should be able to write next weekend. Until then, hope all is well in your lives.

1 comment:

M and J said...

Yay!! I can't wait to meet your little guy! OOHHHPPPS...I mean little one ;) Just kidding...I don't really have a clue, just thought I would play opposite advocate to everyone's theory on "Peanut". :) I am glad "it" is moving into head down position! Can't wait to see you guys!

Love
Aunty Maria...OK that WAS weird!