Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wow...What a Surprise! What a Blessing!

Shhhh...don't share this yet. If you happen to stumble upon this, you are welcome to call or leave a post but don't tell anyone else yet. WE are pregnant!

God has answered our prayers and given me the desire of my heart! He is good and yes, this is a miracle! We should not be pregnant! I have taken two pregnancy tests (from two different boxes and at two different times) and both have two solid pink lines. I am 4 almost 5 weeks pregnant!

Our due date for those who can't read that small is December 8, 2009 (new date shown-officially changed as of April 28). Last Christmas I told John that as much as I loved it just being the two of us, I really didn't want to spend another Christmas with it just being the two of us. We will have a little one in time for Christmas! Isn't God's timing perfect? I could tell you my journey and how many more ways His timing is perfect! I probably will over the next few months!

If you are wondering how God did this, well, other than a lot of prayer, John has been seeing Dr. Wu for a few months specifically for our infertility and has been taking some yucky herbs daily ever since. I just started seeing her, as well, three weeks ago (before I ovulated). I last saw her on Tuesday and I am pretty sure she suspected. She asked me some weird questions, said something about women sometimes getting pregnant after only 1 or 3 treatments, and put more needles in me this time!
My total treatments so far is 5! :) Our first OB\GYN visit\ultrasound will be April 28! Maybe it will seem be more real by then.

Despite that, it has been killing me not to get on the phone to everyone I know and let them know of this miracle. John is cautiously optimistic and just as surprised. I just came out of the bathroom last night shocked and told/showed him and started crying in his arms. I was so keyed up I had hard a very hard time falling asleep. And as far as today, I can't seem to stop smiling.

P.S. This is NOT an April Fool's joke!

3 comments:

M and J said...

Yeah big sis!!! Praise God!! What a miracle and blessing! So many exciting things about to happen for you all...I can't wait for you to experience. :) Mateo prayed for his new cousin today...really? You are not going to find out the sex? We all are going to go crazy with suspense :) You know, because it is really about us. (Sarcasm)

Love
Maria

granny said...

You can't imagine the amount of tears of joy at the Casey's this weekend. We are so happy to hear about our 4th grandchild coming. We are so so so overjoyed for you two and for us. We are so so PROUD of our grandchildren and their parents. We love you all.
Love granny and papaw, Yepeeee
Mom and Paul

Mandy said...

You have no idea how happy I am for you and John! It really is a blessing. I'm really looking forward to seeing pregnant Melissa! Hope to see you soon!

Lots of Love and Hugs,
Mandy